Internet Explorer 6, 7, and 8 can often provide a different design than intended due to the lack of adherence to WC3 standards. To help make your web design look like it does in FireFox, Chrome, and Safari, try these options:
- Use IE-only hacks in an existing external style sheet.
- Use a conditional statement in the <head> section which calls embedded <style> definitions.
- Use a conditional statement in the <head> section which calls an external style sheet build just for IE: ie.css.
- How To Create an IE-Only Stylesheet by Chris Coyier 2010
- Conditional Comments, in-CSS Hacks, and Unrecommended Hacks 2010
- Internet Explorer and CSS Issues 2006