Here’s my list for the Service Dept at Johnson RV:
1. Why does the gas line hang down so low under the chassi? Not sure why but it’s been fixed.
2. How do I get hot water for dishes and a shower? I think it goes like this… 15 minutes before I want a shower, turn on the LP Water Heater. This heats faster than the Electric Water heater. DO NOT RUN THE MICROWAVE WHILE THE WH IS ON or the circuit breaker will flip. Supposedly, I could take a shower after 15 minutes of heating up. But, if something comes up and I don’t get to take the shower then, I believe the temp goes down. Or will it stay warm if I switch to electric? Can I leave it on all the time?
3. The locks and keys for every cargo space. The troublesome locks have been adjusted.
4. How do I fill the fresh water tank? Nothing got labeled while in service. So I drew my own diagram. Valves are ON when parallel to the line they are on. So, if I want to fill the fresh water tank, leave the top valve pointing up. Now, if I overfill it, I guess the line leaks. At least now I can pump water, since I can’t use the shore water hose without losing gallons of water. When the tank is empty, I’ll try the hose again. If the Service tech forgot to fix it, then they can buy my gas and rental car to get it fixed!!!
5. Why is the water pump so loud? The new one still sounds like a jackhammer. Is this normal?
6. Why doesn’t the black water tank guage say full when I can see the stuff 8 inches from the toilet bowl? Must be clogged. I’ve switched to disinigrating paper and use lots more water.
7. Can we move the fuse box? Nope, but it can get strengthened and used as a step.
8. Fix the hole in the bedroom floor. Sealed now with wood and calk.
9. Fix three drawers and prepare all drawers for future driving. Tabs were adjusted and stronger brackets were added to all drawers. I vow not to use heavy glass dishes for traveling now and will resort to very unhealthy plastic baking dishes.
10. Replace the dropdown speakers above the cab bed with flat speakers.This cost me way too much and we now have very ugly black speakers that stick out just an inch rather than 5 inches. Too bad they didn’t have any to match the flat white speakers.
1. What’s the best cleaner for the sidewalls and roof?
2. At what pressure do the tires need to be?
3. Do I really have to check the lug nuts before every trip?
4. Can I move the spare tire over to the left? Yes.
5. Why does the sock drawer stick? Tabs need adjusting.
6. What do I do to the slide to maintain it? Baby POWDER (not oil).
New things to do————————–
1. Can we remove the big speaker under the dining seat? Nah; leave it.
2. Can we drill a hole in the side of the panels under the dining seat? Yes. Thank you.
4. Replace some light bulbs with lower wattage for reading. Order them from Jayco. Steve what’s the number?
5. Add cupboard shelf and doors beside refridgerator. What will this cost?
6. Hook up the iPod to the house speakers. Stereo King added a receiver and new CD player that handles an auxilary device. It’s working great.
8. Add mud flap on back from Camping World.
9. Add bug sheild on front from Camping World.
10. What instahot system can I install on the shower if I am unable to get enough hot water for a shower?